Twelve of the fastest guys in the world and one girl, Charlotte Consorti (who has proven to be as fast as the guys) have been invited to Martha's Vineyard, MA, to see who will take home bragging rights as "The fastest sailor in the world".
The two week event will be held October 17, 2011 through the 31st. It is an all or nothing event where the world's fastest kiters will battle it out on American waters with kiteboarding's biggest prize purse, $27,000 USD up for grabs.
Who will take home the money and bragging rights?
The American challenges the Frenchmen.
*OFFICIAL 2011 NASSI EVENT RIDER LIST*
(listed by) sail number....best speed....sponsor's
1. Rob Douglas US-555 - 55.65kts WR & NR ? Lynch Associates, The Black Dog, Cabrinha, NPX, Dakine
2. Alex Caizergues F-21 - 54.93kts - Ouest Provence, AlpEnergie, F ONE, Volkwagen Utilitaires, Placide, Zenith, Orange3. Seb Selarno F-64 - 54.28kts - GIN Kiteboarding , EDF , ROOTS Shape, Microfins, Momai
4. Sylvain Hoceini F-53 - 52.90kts - optimumkite.fr, Rip Curl, Griffin
5. Charlotte Consorti F-4 - 50.43kts WR &NR - AIRWAVES, EAFIT, FONE
6. Morgan Douglas US-57 - 49.69kts ? Lynch Associates, The Black Dog, Cabrinha, West7. Christophe Prin-Guenon F-9 - 49.54kts - F.ONE, THE BLACKDOG, ROOTS, Prolimit, Le Robinson
8. Jamie Douglas US-56 - 49.49kts ? Lynch Associates, The Black Dog, Cabrinha
9. Bill Lynch US-52 - 42.32kts WC ? Lynch Associates
10. Jerome Bila F-8 - 49.26kts - GENETRIX / DABENS / BLANKFORCE
11. Manu Taub F-13 - 49.09kts - Fuerteventura / F.one / Line up Fueteventura12. Patrice Menossi F-40 - 48.74kts - Deska, Ozone , ME