Join for the weekend and demo all the new 2012 kites and boards from Ocean Rodeo!
Ocean Rodeo has once again timed its 2011 Nitinat Lake Crew Event to coincide with Windfest!
Windfest draws amateur kiters from across the Pacific NW to participate in its own unique blend of competitions, big air spectacles, music and events with many OR Crew members electing to compete in the past. Ocean Rodeo has traditionally sponsored Windfest as well with prizes and give aways for participants.
They got you covered...
As in the past there will be a designated OR Crew base camp just far enough away from the main Windfest area to ensure you all get your beauty rest.
From Friday dinner to Sunday lunch Ocean Rodeo will have all the food taken care of, including a Saturday evening beach party complete with a keg of locally brewed beer.
Camping at Nitinat
Located on the rugged west coast of Vancouver Island, Nitinat Lake is a remote, unique and beautiful place to visit and ride and is almost always windy in the summer.
However, you will be camping in the Canadian wilderness so you should be comfortable sleeping in a tent and aware that not all the regular amenities of home will be available.
Sign Up Now!
With only limited space available on the beach and with the logistics required to feed the Crew space is limited!
Please sign up now to avoid missing out! Email
Choose one of the following Options:
*Option 1* - Full Meal Deal, $175
Includes your meals for 3 days, Friday to Sunday as well as the event tent, chairs and all supporting material rentals, a limited edition Nitinat Lake 2011 Crew Event hoody similar to the one shown at right and full use of 2012 demo equipment including all 4 styles of kite and 3 styles of board for 2012. You simply show up, set up a tent a relax.
*Option 2* - Bare Back Meal Deal, $100
Includes everything above except the hoody. Those of you who attended our Hatteras Event might choose this option as the hoodies will be similar in style (but a different colour)
*Option 3* - Survivor Man, $25
Includes nothing. You are a rugged man of the woods and will trap and kill your own meals. You do get a burger and some pints from Saturday night's beach BBQ to take back to your hovel however.
If you plan on attending you must sign up by Friday the 22nd of July.
What you should know...
- Nitinat is a 2.5 hour drive north of Victoria BC, Canada. Participants will need to get themselves to the lake. Those flying in are encouraged to rent a car. Solo travelers, we /might/ be able to help connect you with rides - we will do our best.
- If you are flying to the island, you will want to book into YYJ, Victoria International.
- Drivers can take BC Ferries from Tswassen to Swarz Bay or the Coho from Pt Angeles to downtown Victoria
- Many Crew members will come early - some as early as the weekend before - to head up to the lake and make a trip out of it, if you are so inclined we encourage you to come early and stay late!
- Those wishing to spend a night or a week in downtown Victoria are also encouraged to do so! Victoria is a beautiful city to visit with a ton to offer in August.
- You have to bring your own camping gear! If you want to rent a tent, therma-rest and sleeping bag the cost is $80 per person, $50 each if you and a friend want to share a tent.
As you can appreciate, organization of this event takes weeks of planing, so respond asap with your intentions, please!
Right now there are very few people committed to attending. Unless there are 30 participants signed up the formal catering of the event will be cancelled and those of you who wish to attend can do so with your own supplies.