We have built a database of travel information that is overlayed on to Google maps.
- Zoom out to see more icons, particularly airports that are a bit too far to include in the initial view.
- Click on an icon to get more information and view links if available.
- Zoom into a beach - some of the satelite images are very detailed.
|Beach||Shop||Shop & school||Airport||Point of Interest|
How to use Google Maps functions:
1.View buttons - Click these to display different views, including aerial images and street level imagery.
2. Overview map - This view shows the location of current map view.
3. Mouse - move and zoom - As well as the navigation controls described below you can use your mouse wheel to zoom in and click and drag to move location.
4. Navigation controls - Use these buttons to navigate around the map
The navigation controls you see on the Coastalwatch Satellite Navigator are shown on the left. Navigation controls include:
1. Arrows - Click the appropriate arrow buttons to move the view north, south, east or west. Click Center button to return to your original view.
2. Zoom - Click + to zoom in on the center of the map. Click - to zoom out.
3. Zoom slider - Drag the zoom slider up or down to zoom in or out incrementally.